Summer Classics is a premier, luxury outdoor furniture manufacturer of modern, high quality resin wicker, cast aluminum, wrought aluminum, teak, and wrought iron patio furniture, with outdoor cushions from an exclusive line of outdoor fabrics.
This massive manufacturing facility in Pelham, Alabama looked to implement solar energy in order supplement the massive amount of power used by the plant on a daily basis. This 555-Kilowatt solar power system produces an estimated 798,386-Kilowatt hours, dramatically reducing the amount of purchased electricity by Summer Classics. This system is currently the largest privately-owned solar energy system in the State of Alabama.
“Doing business with locally-owned companies has always been important to us, so partnering with Eagle Solar & Light was the perfect fit. From conception to execution, Eagle Solar listened to our thoughts, ideas and concerns making it a smooth and easy process. Not to mention, in just three months we are already seeing the benefits of our solar energy system from both a business and economic viewpoint.” – Bew White, Gabriella White (Summer Classics), CEO
- Total System Size: 555 Kilowatts
- Solar Panels: 1,850 – Canadian Solar, 300 watt
- Inverters: 7 – Yaskawa Solectria PVI-TL Series, 3-phase
- Mounting: Custom AeroCompact ballasted roof mount system
- Est. Annual Production: 798,386 Kilowatt Hours .
Sunbelt Glass LLC has long been the region’s premiere choice for commercial window, door, storefront and curtain wall installations. Sunbelt Glass showed interest for a commercial sized solar energy system to supplement the power usage at their manufacturing plant in downtown Birmingham, AL. In January 2018, Eagle Solar & Light (ESL) installed a 56.26-Kilowatt solar energy system on the roof of Sunbelt Glass. Sunbelt like the savings they were earning and decided to have ESL install an additional 77.9 kW in 2019.
SouthPoint Bank installed 59.5 kW of solar panels in May 2018 with the completion of their new headquarters on Highway 280 in Birmingham. They were so pleased with the savings, in 2019, an additional 51.75 kW was added to the front side of the building. The new addition included using Solaria panels, a specialty panel that shows no silver busbars and has a black backing. This gives an aesthetically pleasing look, similar to a LED screen TV.
Joe Piper Inc.
107.4 kW DC/100kW AC
Completed December 2019
Click for informational video.
Cobbs Allen is a risk management firm ranked in the top 100 of all US brokerage firms with offices in Birmingham, Houston, and Kansas City. At their headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, Cobbs Allen looked to Eagle Solar & Light to increase their buildings efficiency and decrease their power usage through LED lighting and commercial solar power. Eagle first retrofitted over 450 fluorescent lighting fixtures with LED lights within the thirty-five thousand square foot building. Eagle then installed a 100-Kilowatt solar energy system on the roof of the building. Currently this is the largest solar energy system in the Birmingham area!
“It is important to Cobbs Allen that we be good stewards of our environment and of our financial resources. The solar and LED projects with Eagle Solar has allowed us to do both.”
-Grantland Rice IV, Chief Financial Officer at Cobbs Allen.
- Total System Size: 100 Kilowatts
- Solar Panels: 345 – REC Twin Peak, 290 Watt
- Optimizers: 172 – SolarEdge P-600, to maximize solar generation
- Inverters: 2 – SolarEdge SE33.3K-US, 1 – SolarEdge SE10K-US, 3-phase 240V
- Mounting: Aerocompact Custom Ballasted roof mounting system
- Est. Annual Production: 132,699 Kilowatt Hours
99.7 kW DC
Grid-tied commercial system
Completed November 2019
MAKE BHM provides access to equipment our members might otherwise not have access to. MAKE BHM was interested in pursuing a more sustainable way to power their business. Eagle solar & Light installed a 60.3-Kilowatt commercial solar energy system on the roof of MAKE BHM located in Avondale, a district of downtown Birmingham, AL.
- Total System Size: 60.32 Kilowatts
- Panels: 208- REC Twin Peak, 290 Watt
- Optimizers: 104 – SolarEdge P-600
- Inverters: 1 – SolarEdge SE14.4K-US, 1 – SolarEdge SE9.0K-US, 3-phase
- Mounting: Aerocompact Custom Ballasted roof mount system
- Monitoring: SolarEdge Zigbee wireless monitoring system